Tools, tips and troubleshooting for the Commonplace Robotics Mover4, Mover6 and SRA robot arms and modular control electronics used with igus robolink robot arms.
Use cases and specifications
- Use Cases robolink: Use cases for the igus robolink robot arm with CPR control environment
- Use Cases Mover Robots: Use cases for the Mover robots. Which use cases work ok, which don't?
- Use Cases SRA: Use cases for the Service Robot Arm (SRA).
- Specifications Mover Robots: joint length, velocities, precision ...
- Specifications SRA: joint length, velocities, precision ...
- CAD Data: .STEP and / or .obj files for the robots
- Referencing robolink: Referencing the robolink arm
- Digital Inputs / Outputs: How to connect gripper, sensors, ...
- Write your first first motion program in CPRog. - Also have a look at the CPRog section below.
- Set up, testing of single joints: How to connect the robot with the control electronics, how to test single joints
- Define the zero position offsets: How to find and set the robot specific zero position offsets
- How to add an additional external linear axis to e.g. a gantry robot: External Linear Axis
- DCi quickstart guide: Quick start guide for DCi robolink robots.
- DCi upgrade guide: How to upgrade the TinyCtrl software running on the embedded control electronics of the DCi robot
Programming environment CPRog
- CPRog Downloads Download the up-to-date version of the programming environment and current user guides / manuals
- CPRog Command Reference Definition of the Programming Language Commands
- Changing Robot Parameters: Many firmware parameters like joint max velocities or software end switches can be adapted to your needs.
- 2D Camera Integration: How to integrate e.g. a smart camera into CPRog via a plugin
- CPRog Examples: Example programs in CPRog
- Scene Objects: Integration of custom (scene) objects in CPRog
- Gearplay Compensation: Use CPRog to compensate backlash in joint 1
- Logic Program: Run a second program in parallel to a custom CPRog program to define logic functions
- Bounding Box / Virtual Box: How to use the bounding box in CPRog to avoid collisions by limiting the movement of the robot.
- Acceleration and Motion Smoothing: What does the smooth parameter in the CPRog Program Editor do? Smooth changes of direction!
- Consistency Check between CPRog, the program and the connected robot: What does it do and how to handle it
Embedded Control Software TinyCtrl
- Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN: Instructions on establishing a connection between a windows PC and the embedded Control of e.g. a DCi Robot.
- TinyCtrl Downloads: Download the most recent version of the embedded robot control software and current user guides / manuals
- FTP and putty Access: How to change parameter or files using FileZilla and putty
- TinyCtrl Initial Setup of Linux Board: Instructions on how to install and set up TinyCtrl on a virgin Phytec Linux Board.
How to interface with the CPR robots
- PLC Interface: Using digital Inputs / Outputs the robot can be controlled (enable, start, stop, ..) by a master PLC
- Plugin Interface: A plugin mechanism allows direct integration of existing or custom functionality in CPRog
- Communication with Beckhoff TwinCat: The robot control can receive data from the Beckhoff TwinCat PLC
- CRI Ethernet Interface: Connect via network connection. Find documentation and example code here
- CAN Protocol: Write your own robot control software that directly sends commands to the CAN bus. Documentation and example code
- ROS packages: Integrate the robots into your ROS environment. Documentation and packages for hardware communication, teleop and moveIt
Firmware configuration and diagnostics
- CPRog download Amp Configuration: The motor amplifier configuration can be downloaded from CPRog
- Config Software ModuleCtrl: This software diagnosis and set-up tool allows to test single joints and set firmware parameters of the control electronics.
- CAN Bus monitor for Windows: PCAN View
Troubleshooting and Support
- Robot Hardware Troubleshooting: what to do when the arm does not react as expected?
- CPRog Software Troubleshooting: tips how to deal with the CPRog programming/robot control environment
- Operating the Mover gripper using custom software: how to open and close the gripper using custom software
- Referencing the Mover Robot Arm: what to do, when the position of the virtual an the real robot does not match
We are constantly extending and updating this Wiki, please get in touch for further information!