Template:Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN
(Redirected from Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN)
To establish a connection between Linux embedded control and PC, the Network adapter of the PC has to be configured for an IP in the address range 192.168.3.0/24. I usually chose IP address 192.168.3.1 as shown below.
- Power off the robot. Disconnect the power supply from mains power.
- Plug the LAN cable into the right LAN socket at the DCi robot and into your Windows computer on the other end.
- Power on the Robot, disengage emergency stop.
- Wait until the Green LEDs of the stepper motor boards at the back of the robot start blinking.
- Start CPRog and open the correct project file for your robot.
- Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN.
- click Connect, reset, enable. The robot should now be ready for referencing, which can be done via the Teach Pendant. However, since CProg is already running, I would now reference the Robot in CPRog (but that's just personal preference).