Tools, tips and troubleshooting for the Commonplace Robotics Mover4 and Mover6 robot arms and modular control electronics used with igus robolink robot arms.
Use cases and specifications
- Use Cases robolink: Use cases for the igus robolink robot arm with CPR control environment
- Use Cases Mover Robots: Use cases for the Mover robots. Which use cases work ok, which don't?
- Specifications Mover Robots: joint length, velocities, precision ...
- CAD Data: .STEP and / or .obj files for the robots
- Referencing robolink: Referencing the robolink arm
- Digital Inputs / Outputs: How to connect gripper, sensors, ...
- Write your first first motion program in CPRog. - Also have a look at the CPRog section below.
- Set up, testing of single joints: How to connect the robot with the control electronics, how to test single joints
- Define the zero position offsets: How to find and set the robot specific zero position offsets
- How to add an additional external linear axis to e.g. a gantry robot: External Linear Axis
- DCi quickstart guide: Quick start guide for DCi robolink robots.
- DCi upgrade guide: How to upgrade the TinyCtrl software running on the embedded control electronics of the DCi robot
Programming environment CPRog
- Software Updates Download the up-to-date version of the programming environment and current user guides / manuals
- Documentation Find Documentation in EN and DE
- Changing Robot Parameters: Many firmware parameters like joint max velocities or software end switches can be adapted to your needs.
- 2D Camera Integration: How to integrate e.g. a smart camera into CPRog via a plugin
- CPRog Examples: Example programs in CPRog
- Scene Objects: Integration of custom (scene) objects in CPRog
- Gearplay Compensation: Use CPRog to compensate backlash in joint 1
- Logic Program: Run a second program in parallel to a custom CPRog program to define logic functions
- Bounding Box / Virtual Box: How to use the bounding box in CPRog to avoid collisions by limiting the movement of the robot.
- Acceleration and Motion Smoothing: What does the smooth parameter in the CPRog Program Editor do? Smooth changes of direction!
- Consistency Check between CPRog, the program and the connected robot: What does it do and how to handle it
- Global Variables in CPRog
Embedded Control Software TinyCtrl
- Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN: Instructions on establishing a connection between a windows PC and the embedded Control of e.g. a DCi Robot.
- TinyCtrl Downloads: Download the most recent version of the embedded robot control software and current user guides / manuals
- FTP and putty Access: How to change parameter or files using FileZilla and putty
- Change the TinyCtrl Project: Change the TinyCtrl project file e.g. to switch to another robot or to add a linear axis
- TinyCtrl Initial Setup of Linux Board: Instructions on how to install and set up TinyCtrl on a virgin Phytec Linux Board.
How to interface with the CPR robots
- PLC Interface: Using digital Inputs / Outputs the robot can be controlled (enable, start, stop, ..) by a master PLC
- Plugin Interface: A plugin mechanism allows direct integration of existing or custom functionality in CPRog
- Communication with Beckhoff TwinCat: The robot control can receive data from the Beckhoff TwinCat PLC
- CRI Ethernet Interface: Connect via network connection. Find documentation and example code here
- CAN Protocol: Write your own robot control software that directly sends commands to the CAN bus. Documentation and example code
- ROS packages: Integrate the robots into your ROS environment. Documentation and packages for hardware communication, teleop and moveIt
Firmware configuration and diagnostics
- CPRog download Amp Configuration: The motor amplifier configuration can be downloaded from CPRog
- Config Software ModuleCtrl: This software diagnosis and set-up tool allows to test single joints and set firmware parameters of the control electronics.
- Configuration for a linear Axis: Test and adapt the motor modules to run with a linear axis
- CAN Bus monitor for Windows: PCAN View
Troubleshooting and Support
- Robot Hardware Troubleshooting: what to do when the arm does not react as expected?
- CPRog Software Troubleshooting: tips how to deal with the CPRog programming/robot control environment
- Operating the Mover gripper using custom software: how to open and close the gripper using custom software
- Referencing the Mover Robot Arm: what to do, when the position of the virtual an the real robot does not match
- Fix a display with graphics errors
- Support Routes
We are constantly extending and updating this Wiki, please get in touch for further information!