Use Cases Mover Robots
Which use cases are a good match for the Mover robot arms?
The Mover4 and Mover6 robot arms have been developed for educational purposes, R&D tasks and entertainment applications. The Mover provides an intuitive entry into robotics and is available at quite low costs (please have a look at our online shop). It is not a panacea and cannot replace a standard industrial robot.
Regarding velocities, precision, etc. please have a look at the specifications page.
The Mover robot arms are suitable for the following use cases:
- Education, R&D and other comparable tasks
- Pick-and-place tasks
- Positioning of sensors and cameras
- Testing touch screens
- Standard joint and linear motions with 4 or 6 joints
The Mover robot arms are _not_ suitable for the following use cases:
- Replacing a standard industrial robot arm
- Industrial production
- Continuous operation
- High precision tasks regarding a precise end position or a precise path ... for these tasks you might want to have a look at a gantry robot
- Tasks that require smooth and slow motions like drawing writing engraving milling ... for these tasks you might want to have a look at a gantry robot
- Tasks that require to apply force on a defined vector like pressing parts into a fitting
Please get in contact (info(at)cpr-robots.com) if you are not sure about the suitability of the mover for the application you have in mind. We are looking forward to discuss it with you!