- igus ReBeL software, documentation and troubleshooting
iRC - igus Robot Control Software
igus robots and gantries
- Referencing robolink: Referencing the robolink arm
- Write your first first motion program in CPRog/iRC. - Also have a look at the CPRog/iRC section below.
- Digital Inputs / Outputs: How to connect gripper, sensors, ...
- Motor Brake: How to configure the control for a motor brake
- External Axis: How to add an additional external axis to e.g. a gantry robot:
- Set up, testing of single joints: Advanced! How to connect the robot with the control electronics, how to test single joints
- Define the zero position offsets: Advanced How to find and set the robot specific zero position offsets
- DCi quickstart guide: Quick start guide for DCi robolink robots.
- DCi upgrade guide: How to upgrade the TinyCtrl software running on the embedded control electronics of the DCi robot
AMR - Autonomous Mobile Robots
- AMR Documentation: Documentation and software updates for the CPR Mobile Platforms
iRC Electronics for Stepper Motors
- Adding additional axes
- Configuration and test software ModuleCtrl Open Loop
- Configuration: firmware parameters V1
- Set up and testing of single joints
iRC Electronics for BLDC Motors
- Configuration and test software ModuleCtrl Closed Loop
- Configuration: firmware parameters V2
- ReBeL Joint: Documentation for the set up of single Rebel joints
How to interface with the robots
- Control Interfaces: Summary of all PC/PLC control interfaces
- Camera: How to integrate a camera system; different options are shown
- Modbus_Server: Using the Modbus TCP interface to communicate with a PLC, e.g. Siemens S7
- PLC Interface: Using digital Inputs / Outputs the robot can be controlled (enable, start, stop, ..) by a master PLC
- CRI Ethernet Interface: Connect via network connection. Find documentation and example code here
- CAN Protocol: Write your own robot control software that directly sends commands to the CAN bus. Documentation and example code
- ROS packages: Integrate the robots into your ROS environment. Documentation and packages for hardware communication, teleop and moveIt
- DH Parameter: Some information on Denavit-Hartenberg parameterI
Firmware configuration and diagnostics
- Firmware Parameter Configuration: The motor controller firmware can be configured using CPRog/iRC
- Config Software ModuleCtrl: This software diagnosis and set-up tool allows to test single joints and set firmware parameters of the control electronics.
- Configuration for a linear Axis: Test and adapt the motor modules to run with a linear axis
- CAN Bus monitor for Windows: PCAN View
- Motor Current Parameter: Measurements on the relation between motor current, torque and velocity
Troubleshooting and Support
- Systematic Troubleshooting: Fault identification and recovery.
- Robot Hardware Troubleshooting: what to do when the arm does not react as expected?
- CPRog Software Troubleshooting: tips how to deal with the CPRog/iRC programming/robot control environment
- Operating the Mover gripper using custom software: how to open and close the gripper using custom software
- Referencing the Mover Robot Arm: what to do, when the position of the virtual an the real robot does not match
- Fix a display with graphics errors
- Support Routes
Legacy Mover and CPRog
- Software Updates Download the up-to-date version of the programming environment and current user guides / manuals
- Documentation in EN and DE
- Changing Robot Parameters: Many robot parameters like joint max velocities or software end switches can be adapted to your needs.
- 2D Camera Integration: The Konfiguration pages shows how to integrate e.g. a smart camera
- CPRog Examples: Example programs in CPRog/iRC
- Gearplay Compensation: Use CPRog/iRC to compensate backlash in joint 1
- Logic Program: Run a second program in parallel to a custom CPRog/iRC program to define logic functions
- Bounding Box / Virtual Box: How to use the bounding box in CPRog to avoid collisions by limiting the movement of the robot.
- Acceleration and Motion Smoothing: What does the smooth parameter in the CPRog/iRC Program Editor do? Smooth changes of direction!
- Consistency Check between CPRog/iRC, the program and the connected robot: What does it do and how to handle it
Legacy Embedded Control Software TinyCtrl
- Connect DCi Robot/TinyCtrl to a Laptop via LAN: Instructions on establishing a connection between a windows PC and the embedded Control of e.g. a DCi Robot.
- Software Updates: Download the most recent version of the embedded robot control software and current user guides / manuals
- Configure for a different robot: How to configure a robot control for a different kinematic
- FTP and putty Access: How to change parameter or files using FileZilla and putty
- Change the TinyCtrl Project: Change the TinyCtrl project file e.g. to switch to another robot or to add a linear axis
- Restore SD Card of Embedded Computer: Restore the SD card of the embedded computer using a factory image.
- TinyCtrl_Initial_Setup_of_Linux_Board: Instructions on how to install and set up TinyCtrl on a virgin Phytec Linux Board.
- Add External Axis: How to add an additional joint to the robot. Also helpful if the configuration of a joint does not work.
We are constantly extending and updating this Wiki, please get in touch for further information!