Tools, tips and troubleshooting for the Commonplace Robotics Mover4, Mover6 and SRA robot arms and modular control electronics used with igus robolink robot arms.
Use cases and specifications
- Use Cases robolink: Use cases for the igus robolink robot arm with CPR control environment
- Use Cases Mover Robots: Use cases for the Mover robots. Which use cases work ok, which do not?
- Use Cases SRA: Use cases for the Service Robot Arm (SRA).
- Specifications Mover Robots: joint length, velocities, precision ...
- Specifications SRA: joint length, velocities, precision ...
- CAD Data: .STEP and / or .obj files for the robots
- Referencing robolink: Referencing the robolink arm
- Digital Inputs / Outputs: How to connect gripper, sensors, ...
- Set up, testing of single joints: How to connect the robot with the control, how to test single joints
- Define the zero position offsets: How to find and set the robot specific zero position offsets
Programming environment CPRog
- CPRog Updates: Download the up-to-date version of the programming environment and current user guides
- CPRog Command Reference Definition of the Programming Language Commands
- Changing Robot Parameter: Many robot parameters like joint max velocities or software end switches can be adapted to your needs.
- 2D Camera Integration: How to integrate e.g. a smart camera into CPRog
- CPRog Examples: Example programs for CPRog
- Scene Objects: Integration of custom scene obejects in CPRog
- Gearplay Compensation: Use CPRog to compensate gear play in joint 1
- Logic Program: Run a second program in parallel to define logic functions
How to interface with the CPR robots
- PLC Interface: Using digital Inputs / Outputs the robot can be controlled (enable, start, stop, ..) by a master PLC
- Plugin Interface: A plugin mechanism allows direct integration of existing or custom functionality in CPRog
- CRI Ethernet Interface: Connect via network connection. Find documentation and example code here
- CAN Protocol: Write your own robot controller that directly sends commands to the CAN bus. Documentation and example code
- ROS packages: Integrate the robots into your ROS environment. Documentation and packages for hardware communication, teleop and moveIt
Firmware configuration and diagnostics
- Config Software ModuleCtrl: This software tool allows to test single joints and set firmware parameters of the control electronics.
Troubleshooting and Support
- Robot Hardware Troubleshooting: what to do when the arm does not react as expected?
- CPRog Software Troubleshooting: tips how to deal with the programming environment
- Operating the Gripper: how to open and close the gripper withing CPRog or using custom software
- Support Routes
We are constantly extending and updating this Wiki, please get in contact for further information!